Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Milanesas de carne

I made chicken Milanesas a while back, this is the meat version of it. I like these better, goes great with fresh veggies, mashed potatoes or tasty rice!

Ingredients:

Any meat you have...really anything works, try  using a lean cut.
Bread crumbs
2-3 eggs
Mozzarella cheese (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste

This is what im using, forgot what the cut is called. Perhaps you can recognize it once you see it.

I slice my meat into about 1 inch circles

Then I place them on my chopping board, cover them up with some plastic wrap and I pound them till they are half as thin or more, I like them thin, so I pound them a lot.

This is what mine look like, they have doubled in size.
I beat my eggs in a bowl.

I place one piece of meat at a time in my egg mixture

Then place your meat into the bread crumbs, make sure you coat both sides really well.

Preheat oven at 400 degrees. Drizzle a plan with some olive oil, not much, place your Milanesas and drizzle a little more oil on top.

Bake for about 10-12 minutes on each side, if you want cheese then bake for 12 minutes turn your milanesas over, top off with cheese and sprinkle some oregano on top, bake until cheese is melted.
Today I chose to serve this with raw veggies, I usually serve with mashed potatoes and a salad but we wanted something fresh.

Hope you enjoy this dish!!!!

LOVE
Delfi

No comments: