Friday, June 18, 2010

Chimichurri sauce, my version.

Chimichurri sauce is a very traditional sauce we use in Argentina to pour over grilled meat, it is absolutely delicious and super easy to make, this is just my version, I know there are many different ways of making it out there.

Ingredients:

1 cup of water
1 tablespoon  of salt
1/2 cup of vinager
1/2 cup of olive oil
2 tablespoons of ground red pepper (sweet kind)
4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
2 tablespoons of fresh oregano or dry
2 basil leaves

I prepare all my ingredients.

And im using the fast way here. I use my Magic Bullet, you can just chop and mix everything by hand :) you will avoid some of the foam that is formed when blending.

 So I add all my dry ingredients in the blender.

Water
Oil
Vinegar
Ready, set go, blend!
Put Chimichurri sauce in a container with a lid, keep it on the counter at room temperature for a few hours, then keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. See? mine is foamy from blending, if you mix by hand you will avoid this, I just did not have the chance to chop everything small today :)

Try it on some real steaks!
Hugs
Delfi

No comments: