Wednesday, August 11, 2010

La Ribolitta: by David Rocco

I have been testing some of his recipes and I have to say they are pretty good and super simple to make.
Check out this recipe at David Rocco




Click on his name to see the ingredients, I am changing a few things around such as using tomato paste and tomato sauce, also I made my own broth by boiling 2 vegetable bouillon cubes and I used all white cabbage because I could not get the other one at the store :) you can change it or keep it exactly the same!

Here is what I did.

Gather all ingredients
Chop all your vegetables

Preheat 1 cup of olive oil in a large pot, notice my 2 year old dumped some fresh garlic into my oil, no big deal it will give it a better taste!

saute the onion, garlic, celery and carrot, until they are soft, add the potato, savoy cabbage, black cabbage, tomato puree and beans



 Add the vegetable broth and bring it to a boil. Add the slices of the country-style bread and stir well
 Mix well season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for about 45-55 minutes until cabbage is soft, then eat! I topped mine with parmessan cheese! yum!

Coming up tomorrow, refrigerator leftover frittatas! super good.
HUGS
Delfi

No comments: