Friday, August 27, 2010

Chicken Marsala, OMG

I have tried many chicken marsala recipes and this is the one that I like. It is a combination of many recipes and some tricks of my own. I hope you like it, it's not difficult at all and well my entire family LOVES it, there is usually nothing left.

This time around I made it with garlic mashed potatoes, I have also made it with fettuccini alfredo and it is just as good!

INGREDIENTS

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used organic, I think it tastes better)
About 1 cup of all purpose flour
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup of olive oil
6-8 slices of fresh prosciutto or bacon (I used fresh bacon from the polish deli)
2 boxes or 12 oz of portabella mushrooms
3/4-1 cup of good red wine
3/4 cups of chicken stock
3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley

Here we go.
Pound your chicken, not too thin, Id say about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick.
Put the flour in a plate and season with LOTS of salt and pepper, ok don't go overboard but make sure you add enough to flavor the chicken. Heat the olive oil in a pan at medium to high heat. Dredge the chicken breast in the flour, remove excess flour.




Great, when your oil is hot add the chicken cook about 4-5 minutes on each side.
Remove from pan and put chicken on a plate, don't stack them up.
Lower the heat to medium and add your bacon or prosciutto.

Cook for about a minute or so, scrape the pan and incorporate all those flavors together, now it's starting to smell good. Then add your mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, basically until most of the liquid has been evaporated, add some salt and pepper.

Now add your wine and let it cook for a minute or 2 to cook the alcohol. Then add the chicken stock.

Cook for a couple of minutes. Now add the butter.


Return the chicken to the pan, cook for about 4 minutes, without turning, it depends on how thick your chicken is, if it's thin then cook for a couple of minutes without turning, if its thicker then add a couple of minutes, if your chicken does not fit in one pan I usually take another pan, add some of the sauce and mushrooms and cook all the chicken at the same time in 2 pans, works just as well.

Remove, serve HOT and sprinkle some of that parsley!!! that's all there is to it.

I hope you try this dish and enjoy it as much as we do :) My kids will not eat mushrooms so they just eat chicken with mashed potatoes.

HUGS!
Delfi

No comments: