Monday, August 16, 2010

Delfi's cheesecake, you will not regret this (easy way)

This super creamy delicious recipe has been in my house for a few years now, I have decided to share this recipe with all my friends because it truly would be a shame to miss out on this one!
I hope you enjoy it :)
Oh yes, this one is called (easy way) because I decided not to make the crust this time, one of these days I will post the recipe for the crust as well :)



Ingredients
for the filling
1 lb of cream cheese at room temperature
8 oz of sour cream
3 eggs
1 lemon, zested
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of sugar
1 pie crust :)

for the sauce

1 pint of fresh strawberries, chopped into small pieces
the juice from 1 lemon
1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar

Preheat oven to 325
In a kitchen aid mixer or a similar mixer, beat the cream cheese at low speed until its smooth and free of lumps.

Add the eggs, one at a time and continue to beat until its all well combined.


Add the sugar little by little until creamy, beat 1-2 minutes at low speed.

Zest your lemon while the sugar is getting all beat up.


Now add your sour cream

Lemon zest

And vanilla extract
Continue mixing at low speed, then stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl to avoid lumps. Beat for another minute or so and you are ready for the next step.

I am using a crust from the store, this is the one I like when Im feeling lazy and I dont make the crust.

Pour the mix in the crust.
Place the cheesecake in a pan.
Boil some water to cover up at least half of the cheesecake, the part that is covered up by the aluminum foil of course. I suggest you place your cheesecake in the oven and then you pour the water so you don't burn yourself when you move the pan to the oven, that's what works for me.
You can't see the water but I did cover it up half way.
Cook cheesecake for 46 minutes. Remove from oven and let it rest there for 30 minutes. Place cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.

When you decide it's time to eat it you are going to proceed to make the sauce.

Prepare ingredients, be sure your strawberries are all chopped up.

Cook strawberries in a pot for 5 minutes on medium high heat.
Add lemon juice and sugar, mix and let it cook for another 5 minutes.

Remove and let sauce cool

Serve while the sauce its still warm!!!
Mmm enjoy....

Delfi

No comments: