Ohhh this is so good! The weather is finally starting to cool down a bit in FL so this ment, soup time in our house, I have never made this soup and I must say it was very comforting and filling! and the entire house smelled so good.
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 of a head of cabbage, chopped very thin
- 2 bunches of green onions, chopped (or you may use 1 spanish onion instead)
-1 can of cannelini beans
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 3/4 cups of red wine
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chilli or dried chilli (if you are using spicy chilli reduce to 1 teaspoon)
- a couple of slices of fresh country bread (optional I did not use it, this will make your soup more chunky)
Chop your onions.
While the onions cook for a few minutes on medium-low heat chop the rest of your ingredients, my daughter decided to help me and since she can't cut with a real knife she decided to shred the carrots ;)
Chop carrots, garlic, zucchini, and cabbage
Now add the carrots to the pot and cook for a few minutes, until tender.
Now add your beans, I always wash my canned beans before cooking them.
Mix and add your wine and chicken stock
That's it! mix, cover, lower the heat and cook for about 40-45 minutes, serve hot with crunchy fresh bread and sprinkle some parmessan cheese :)))))
Note: if you want to add the bread now would be the time, right after the wine.