Sunday, July 25, 2010

Beef braised in Chianti, courtesy of David Rocco

Awesome simple and fast recipes, this guy is great! Today I made this dish for my husband with a few twists and my husband said "this is the best meat you have ever made" my kids ate it too!!!

Check him out at David Rocco

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 pounds stewing beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 2 red onions, roughly chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 3 cups Chianti wine
  • Salt
  • 2 teaspoons whole peppercorns
  • 1 box of portabella mushrooms (I added this into my pot, check out his recipe for original ingredients this is the only thing I changed)

Ok so I have added mushrooms into my pot and since I didnt have 3 cups of wine, only 2 I added beef broth to it.

Chop onion and garlic

Pre heat oil in a pot and add all ingredients, except the liquid and mushrooms



Clean your mushrooms, I use a damp paper towel to wipe them, then chop chop and add to the pot


 Now add the wine and in my case beef broth


Salt and pepper corns.

Cook for 2 hours on low heat. Serve with rice, pasta or potatoes!
Enjoy :)
Delfi

No comments: