Check him out at David Rocco
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds stewing beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cups Chianti wine
- 2 teaspoons whole peppercorns
- 1 box of portabella mushrooms (I added this into my pot, check out his recipe for original ingredients this is the only thing I changed)
Ok so I have added mushrooms into my pot and since I didnt have 3 cups of wine, only 2 I added beef broth to it.
Chop onion and garlic
Pre heat oil in a pot and add all ingredients, except the liquid and mushrooms
Clean your mushrooms, I use a damp paper towel to wipe them, then chop chop and add to the pot
Now add the wine and in my case beef broth
Salt and pepper corns.
Cook for 2 hours on low heat. Serve with rice, pasta or potatoes!